February 14, 2020 2:00 PM
Street closures announced for Krewe of Janus Parade
Street closures have been announced for Saturday's Krewe of Janus Mardi Gras Parade, which begins at 6 p.m. on Natchitoches Street in West Monroe. Street closures, parade route and a schedule of activities can be found at www.westmonroe.com
The City of West Monroe has announced the following street closures for the Krewe of Janus Mardi Gras Parade to be held on Saturday, February 15.
The parade is set to roll at 6 p.m. on Natchitoches Street in West Monroe.
The parade will travel on Natchitoches Street in downtown West Monroe, turning left onto Trenton Street. The parade will then cross the Lea Joyner Bridge.
The following street closures have been announced for Saturday’s parade:
• Trenton Street – will close at 7 a.m. from Mill to Wood Street
• Commerce Street – will close at 12:30 p.m. until approximately 4:30 p.m.
• Cotton Street – will close at 7 a.m. from Bridge to Wood Street
• N. Riverfront to Wood Street – will close at 12:30 p.m. and reopen after the Krewe of PAWS Pet Parade
• Wood Street to Cotton Street – will close at 12:30 p.m. and will reopen after the Krewe of PAWS Pet Parade
• Natchitoches Street – will close at 4 p.m. from the intersection of Stella/Mill east.
• The Lea Joyner Bridge will close to all vehicular and pedestrian traffic at 6 p.m.
• The southbound lane of Trenton Street at Stella Street will close at 6 p.m.
• The eastbound lane of Cypress Street at Bridge Street will close at 6 p.m.
For a complete schedule of events, visit Downtown West Monroe on Facebook or visit www.monroe-westmonroe.org.